Re: Tektronix 2465

Siggi

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 07:25 Jose Alfredo <alfredo@itesh.com.br> wrote:

Leo, thanks for helping me. I removed the 50 ohms terminal and things go
worse. See: https://youtu.be/JeFw-dr9V3M

You may have a bad or flaky input attenuator.
Set the scope to DC coupling, and measure the resistance from the inner
conductor of the input to the shell. It should be 1MOhm on the dot across
all vertical settings.
Set the coupling to AC, and you should measure infinite input resistance.
Set the coupling to 50Ohm and you should measure 50Ohm.
If any of those are off, the attenuator has problems.

The contacts on these attenuators can develop oxidation or other problems
that cause them to either not complete the connection, or to go high
resistance. It’s also possible that a previous user has burned out the
50Ohm termination resistor.

<https://youtu.be/JeFw-dr9V3M>