Re: Tektronix 2465

GerryR

Jose,
You need a good frequency generator to replace the PG506 calibration generator and a good pulse generator (variable duty cycle and fast rise time) to replace the TG501 Marker generator. The pulser is only used for one of the cal procedures.

GerryR
KK4GER

----- Original Message -----
To: <TekScopes@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2019 7:30 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tektronix 2465

Thanks Gerry!

Yes. I don't have those equipments (TG501 and PG506). Leo Bodnar pulser
can replace the diode and the specific TG501 and PG506 units?

Em 27/12/2019 09:17, GerryR escreveu:
Jose,
I have the 2465A and have been through the calibration procedure a few times due to the fact that I messed up when trying to change the battery backup module, which I believe you do not have on the 2465; that's a blessing. The calibration procedure for the 2465A called for a PG506 Calibration Generator and a TG501 Marker Generator for doing the calibration. I looked up the output specs of each and ended up using a good frequency generator and a good pulse generator to duplicate the "standard" output signals of the PG506 and TG501. That worked fine. The test procedure also called for a tunnel diode pulser, which I downloaded the specs for and made one that was suitable enough to get the job done, but I believe that Leo Bodnar makes a pulser that is more than adequate to get the job done and can be purchased from him online. Once I got through all the cal procedures, everything worked fine and all measurements were on target. It was quite a learning experience, but was fun as well.

GerryR
KK4GER

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jose Alfredo" <@jacs_bh>
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2019 5:16 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tektronix 2465

Gerry, yesterday I adjusted the 10V voltage and runned through the crt
adjustment procedures. The screen is now absolutely normal. It could,
indeed, have been a previous attempt to calibrate the oscilloscope. Now
I'm studing how to finish all the steps required to finish the calibration.

One thing I noticed is that the vertical readings are wrong. when I
input a 2 Vpp saquare wave (or any other wave form), it shows something
near 2.5 Vpp. I think the self call procedures will repair this. What do
you think about that?

Em 26/12/2019 21:09, GerryR escreveu:
One of the calibration procedures produces those series of dots when setting the vertical limits, if I remember correctly. It would appear that whatever initiates that procedure is somehow "stuck on." I'll try to find which procedure it is and report back.

GerryR
KK4GER

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jose Alfredo" <@jacs_bh>
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 3:38 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Tektronix 2465

Hello everybody,

I just bought this Tektronix 2465 oscilloscope here in Brazil. When turned on, you can see blinking dots on both, upper and down fields, that show the unit status - see my video on https://youtu.be/NDc4gKDbCQI. Have any of you had any similar experience that could help me fixing it?

Thanks

Jose Alfredo C. Santos

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.