Re: tektronix 7S14 batteries and time base question

Bruce Griffiths

That's not efficiency, as its not the ratio of power out to power in.
The efficiency is actually significantly less than your calculation indicates.
Your "efficiency" is irrelevant if you are attempting to replace a 1.35V Mercury cell with a LED operating in the photovoltaic mode. Output noise, impedance and tempco etc are more important in such an application.

Bruce

On 25 December 2019 at 05:48 Miguel Work <harrimansat@...> wrote:

IR wins! :)

Efficiency