Re: Great video for 500 series Tek restorers

John Williams

Thanks Kurt. These are very interesting videos. Even though I have restored a dozen 555’s and still have three of the beasts, I still can learn a lot from his information. Tektronix made so many great and interesting instruments during the tube era. I really like them all. It is nice to see a video tour around the instruments.

On an off topic note, I am just finishing a book called “Dec is dead, long live Dec. it is the story of the rise and fall of Digital Equipment Corporation and the legacy they left behind. Perhaps something similar was a force at Tektronix but was overcome better by that company. Anyway it is a good and interesting read. Another favourite - Bill and Dave