Re: 1502 TDR project

Tom Gardner

Precisely.

That's why I remove my 1502 battery packs when I'm not using them. If I don't then sooner or later the 1mA trickle /dis/charge will reverse charge the weakest cell.

On 11/12/19 14:59, Chuck Harris wrote:
Everything you say is absolutely true, as long as
you never, ever, ever allow a cell to reverse charge.

If you do, it will grow a nickel dendrite through the
inter plate insulation, and become a dead short.

-Chuck Harris

Majdi S. Abbas wrote:

NiCds are more forgiving than the newer chemestries -- they can
be cold stored fully discharged. Or allowed to self discharge to
nothing, and when needed, you can still trickle charge them back up.

I find them to be optimal for sporadic use applications where
NiMh or Lithium chemistry batteries would be damaged by excessive
discharge.

--msa