Re: 1502 TDR project

Majdi S. Abbas

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 04:21:02PM -0500, Mark Pilant wrote:
However, my own problem with NiCd batteries is I use the equipment so infrequently
I would be constantly replacing batteries. I understand this is less of an issue
with NiMH and Lithium batteries, but then you can get into making changes to the
charging circuitry to get the correct charge rates.
NiCds are more forgiving than the newer chemestries -- they can
be cold stored fully discharged. Or allowed to self discharge to
nothing, and when needed, you can still trickle charge them back up.

I find them to be optimal for sporadic use applications where
NiMh or Lithium chemistry batteries would be damaged by excessive
discharge.

--msa