Re: 577 AC collector supply not reading zero on display

DW

You bring a valid point Chuck, I obviously don't want to do more harm than good.

As of wring this I am defaulting the variac brush to its previous state and adjusting the tab stop so the brush sits on the windings. I am making sure the brush will make a contact with a appropriately wider patch on the windings so as to distribute the power in a way that doesn't cause premature wear.

When I am at 5mV a division that is at the 6.5V setting, not 1600V

At this point I will perform some final touches on this curve tracer, after everything is appropriately set I will put the covers back and and leave it alone. Like you mention I don't want to break anything, leave well enough alone. Thanks for all your helpful advise by the way, I learned some things.