Re: 577 AC collector supply not reading zero on display

Chuck Harris

In your zeal to get perfection, be sure that you don't let the
brush fall off of the winding when in the most CCW position.

It would not go well for the winding, in the long run.

And note that you will never be able to get exactly zero. This
is because there will always be a fraction of a turn even if
the brush only touches the very last winding.

-Chuck Harris

DW wrote:

As suggested and as I discovered with delight the stop tab is adjustable and moved it further down, that made a big difference, more so then bending it, now I am at about 1.6 divisions at 5mV a division I will attempt to get it to 0 now