Re: 577 AC collector supply not reading zero on display

DW

Thanks, the replies are appreciated.

Chuck, you are right, I should measure from the wiper to neutral to get a more appropriate reading.

I have a parts 577 I am thinking about swapping the variacs out of and see what that does if I can't make any progress. I read somewhere on a forum that it is possible to fix a variac with a burnt winding, just solder a bridge to the next winding, but as Chuck mentioned about the wiper essentially shorting the winding where wiper is, that may not work to well when the solder gets hot from the current and fails.