Re: Trying to save a 576

Hi Eric,

The 576 is a very valuable curve tracer. I may be possible to locate a replacement CRT from another instrument.
It uses a 154-0563-00 in serial numbers below B060000 and a 154-0563-01 in serial number B060000 and above.
Last month I helped fill in a small part of the information on a CRT Cross Reference list the VintageTEK museum is putting together from some of the microfiche they have. They may be able to tell you what other Tek instruments used that CRT.

Dennis Tillman W7PF

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2019 1:26 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Trying to save a 576

Got a 576 that was supposed to be in working order but it seems it is not even close. After rebuilding the collector supply, I managed to get sweep again on the tube but the tube is VERY dim. I have a strong high voltage power supply and it is exactly where it should be. Given how faded the graticule lines are I have a suspicion the former owner stored it in the sun and it baked the tube. Is there any way I can safely drive the tube a little harder to try and get some brightness back. I also probed the 225V intensify pulse and it seemed it was stuck high it was not pulsing like it should. Any way to bring this on back or do I have a parts unit? The odd thing is the tube is uniformly dim it is but burned just not bright.

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.