From: Eric
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2019 1:26 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Trying to save a 576

Got a 576 that was supposed to be in working order but it seems it is not even close. After rebuilding the collector supply, I managed to get sweep again on the tube but the tube is VERY dim. I have a strong high voltage power supply and it is exactly where it should be. Given how faded the graticule lines are I have a suspicion the former owner stored it in the sun and it baked the tube. Is there any way I can safely drive the tube a little harder to try and get some brightness back. I also probed the 225V intensify pulse and it seemed it was stuck high it was not pulsing like it should. Any way to bring this on back or do I have a parts unit? The odd thing is the tube is uniformly dim it is but burned just not bright.

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator