Re: 577 D1 function won't turn off

Mlynch001

Question: is it typical for the storage settings to be critical enough and/or vary enough from CRT to CRT, for storage mode to work well on one CRT and not at all on another?<
Dave,

Yes, I believe that this is exactly what you are experiencing. According to the Service manual, replacing the CRT will require the Storage circuit to be adjusted to match the characteristics of the new CRT. I don't think that you "nuked" anything, but that you will find that the circuit is so far out of adjustment that your storage simply will not work properly. And, as Dennis Mentioned, the adjustment procedure as described in the manual is NOT very easy to follow. And if Dennis has trouble following the procedure, I am not sure what that means for us mere mortals.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR