Re: 577 VERTICAL (Current/div) selector dead increments

DW

Recently I took apart the 177 test fixture to look at the current division switch, I found on the bottom of the switch there are small metal finger contacts that make contact with a mechanical bar that moves with the shaft of the switch. From what I could tell initially, at least from the bottom of the switch the metal fingers appeared to be making contact. The switch appears to be several layers thick. I will have to look more carefully as perhaps some of the hard to see areas of the switch might reveal some failed contact fingers.