Re: The best laid plans of mice and men....

Vince Vielhaber

When I buy something on ebay, unless it's new, I buy it with the assumption and expectation that it don't work. Its broke. Period. That way I'm never disappointed. I look at a ham radio, and wonder how much is this broken radio worth to me? Same thing with any test equipment. Is it worth having to fix it? You'd be surprised at how many things I've bought over the years that said it didn't work and it actually did!

Vince.

On 11/12/2019 06:18 PM, Roy Thistle wrote:
Hi Guys:
Great!
It's great to see somebody getting some reasonably good deals from Ebay.
Whenever my ship is in port at Ebay, I always for some strange reason (maybe trauma in my childhood) hear the B-9, Class M-3 say "Danger Will Robinson. Danger!"
Or maybe it is just my wallet moaning from the beating it has taken over the years.
Either way, its safer to assume the worst.... and not hope too much for the best.
Regards and best wishes.
Roy