Re: Tek 576 noise and looping

Kevin Oconnor

Hey Peter,
Have you really been working on this for 8 years? That’s dedication.

I apologize, after looking at your pics I realized you are working on 576, and I have a 577. The 577 is much simpler in some regards. But the analog display information is essentially identical. However, as Dennis indicated, the looping is in all likelihood accurate. Miller effects and hysteresis along with wire loops can be the cause. Your 36” leads are going to be a nightmare at low current. Your modest current curves are the best I think you can expect.

Kevin