Re: 2754p memory problems

John Miles

I have two 2754 spectrum analyzers, one partially working, the other basically
a parts mule. When starting the good one, it tells me it has memory faults and
when stepping past it shows memory bad or missing. I have researched and am
concerned I might do serious damage by swapping the memory board from the
parts unit.
Are there any specific sources you've seen that indicate that damage might occur in this particular case? I wouldn't have a problem swapping the boards myself but maybe you've run into a reference I haven't seen. One question is, what are the Tektronix part #s on the two memory boards? It'll certainly be safe to swap the boards if the first two groups of numbers are the same. The -xx suffix may differ but that's not generally a concern.

-- john, KE5FX