Re: 2465 Fan Collet Thingy

EricJ

I am still getting my new machines set up, but I can probably run off a few soon.

--Eric

On Nov 9, 2019 11:15 PM, Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

As I said, there are dimensioned prints... prints are
a 2D thing.  You will have to use your own cad expertise
to convert them into a 3D mesh for printing.

I am not sure that an all plastic printed solution will
work... tektronix didn't think so, and made a much more
expensive metal/plastic hybrid.

-Chuck Harris

Tony Fleming wrote:
Where are the 3D files to print my own replacement?
Thank you very much.
Tony

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 6:39 PM Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

More usually, the problem is someone turning the
slotted screw, thinking it loosens the collet.

Turning the screw will break the collet every time.
Tightening the nut is less likely to do that, as that
is the intended way to apply force to the collet.

It is the torque that causes problems.

There are dimensioned prints for the collet in the files
section of this group.  A search on collet should find them.

If you can't find them, contact me, and I will send them
to you.

-Chuck Harris

DaveH52 wrote:
Are there any of the fan to motor collet thingies available anywhere?
When I removed the back panel, the fan fell out.  I think someone
tightened it up too much and broke it on the scope I'm rejuvinating.