Knob repair tips

Dave Voorhis

I just acquired a Telequipment (British subsidiary of Tek in the 60’s/70’s) CT71 curve tracer in excellent working condition and good cosmetic shape, but for a cracked knob. Like the usual Tek knobs, it’s a plastic shell around a linear-knurled metal core. The plastic appears to have shrunk slightly, causing it to crack and no longer grip the core.

If I recall correctly, someone posted tips on this forum on how to permanently repair such shrink-cracked knobs, but my search-fu must be broken today because I can’t find the relevant posts.

Can anyone can give me a quick recap and/or point me to the posts on groups.io <http://groups.io/>?