Re: A few pics from a new-to-me exhibit in the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History

@0culus

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 01:10 AM, battyhugh wrote:

If you are in Minneapolis - on the S side of the bridge across the river on
the W side (if I remember correctly) - there is another relic - you have to
decend about 6 stories down - there are masses of HB spec analysers and a
rather large Van de Graffe generator - - very strange (I saw it in early 90's)
- A Dr Weiblen was working at that time on using high voltage pulses to bust
up moon rock. It would be rather interesting to document the remaining
residues of the 50's and 60's (on the marshes near Palo Alto is an old radio
transmission facility - might be interesting... but wait.. there's more!
Hmmm, is it an abandoned site or is someone taking care of it?