Re: Topic title debate, was RE: [TekScopes] 7000 still hard to beat

fiftythreebuick <ae5i@...>

Hi Craig-

I must be missing something....

If I click on a thread and see that it's veered off topic so that it's no longer of interest to me, it only takes oh maybe 3 - 5 seconds to click on another thread. That doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but am I missing something? I genuinely don't understand the problem!

Have a great evening!

Tom

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 08:02 AM, Craig Sawyers wrote:

Here's the thing Chuck - if the topic was called something like "2465B and
7000 series - a comparison"
or something similar that would have been more informative of the thread
topic.

I have a lot of interest in the 7000 series and none at all in the 2465B
(apart from anything else I
have no room left for any other series!) - hence my chagrin at opening posts
and expecting it to be
about the 7000 series and finding it was something else entirely.

Frustratingly this happens all the time, and renders it difficult to
impossible to find relevant posts
in the archives.

There is one list I'm a long standing member of
(https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php ) where
if a thread strays off topic the mods simply delete the straying posts, often
within minutes. And
don't even tell you if and why your post has vanished.

I'm not remotely suggesting that we go down that route - just a little more
discipline in (a) using
an informative title for the thread and (b) if the thread changes to a
different topic to change the
working title to reflect that.

We agree about the politics entirely ;-)

Craig