Re: 468 With Odd Trace Timing issue when in Vertical ALT Mode Only.

Mlynch001

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 11:48 PM, DaveH52 wrote:

I'm thinking that it looks like it's not syncing to the trigger signal you're
feeding it, and that it's showing Ch-A, CH-B, and the Trigger input
alternately. Just a guess, take it with a grain of salt-substitute.
Dave,

That is something to consider. Possibly an "inadvertent" trigger from somewhere? In these pictures I am not feeding any signals to the scope. Nothing whatsoever going in. So are you thinking that there might be a problem with the trigger circuitry? If it is triggering, it is doing so from a source within the instrument. So maybe from the "LINE" trigger pick off? And it must be something which does not light the TRIGGER LED when this happens. When I do feed a signal, I get the same sort of reaction on the resulting waveform(s). I will check the trigger circuitry, per the manual. Who knows, I might find something that I did not think of. I appreciate your reply and the advice.

Thanks!

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR