Re: 7834/7934 HT transformer

Dave Wise

Craig, how did you handle the ends? When I did my 453, I painted a trace of corona dope at each end after each layer.

Dave Wise
From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:10 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 7834/7934 HT transformer

I did exactly that (wind and retrace) with the 576 transformer rewind. That has a whole lot more
turns - 1400 of 40 gauge - and I levelled each layer with yellow transformer tape, which is nice and
thin. Impregnated with wax, and it continues to work like a champ.

Craig

Wind and retrace works well in most any case. The issue is it adds a lot of bulk because you must
wind
a tape layer between each wire layer.

A side issue is it won't be self supporting, but that shouldn't matter on such a large
transformer.... that
has tons of tape layers already.

-Chuck Harris
<snip>