Re: 130 LC meter

Bob Albert

I have spent lots of time and lost lots of sleep over this.  I got up in the middle of the night last night and discovered that the problem appears to be a defective tube socket.  Not the best news but I'll probably bite the bullet after a few more tests.
I measure a variable resistance from one tube pin to ground, and see a spiky noise coming from the next stage.
Bob

On Saturday, October 19, 2019, 01:05:56 AM PDT, Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...> wrote:

Have you checked the smoothing capacitor on the power supply? Mine was open circuit.

Craig

Is there anyone familiar with this unit?  I have one that isn't working and have traced the problem
the variable oscillator not oscillating.