Re: 7834 HT transformer rewind?

greenboxmaven

Has anyone investigated the compatability of transformers or cores from Tektronix televison studio equipment? I really don't care for the idea of trashing that gear, but I can't imagine any of the 480I archival and transfer studios wanting the vacuum tube versions of them. In addition to the transformers, the CRTs (IF they are not run to death) might be adaptable to replace smashed, missing, or dead ones, and the knobs are compatable with many older scopes. Maybe some conversations with broadcast engineers could locate a few to find out. Also, I heard years ago Conrac was the television division of Tektronix. Was this true? I do know there were gazillions of Tektronix wavefrom monitor/ 8 inch Conrac picture monitor combos in factory built rack trays used in TV studios.

Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

On 10/19/19 11:18 AM, Mlynch001 wrote:
David,

I would be interested in a quote for the HV transformer of the Type 576 as well. The winding specs are readily available, unfortunately, the ferrite cores are not. There are very likely some buyers for a "factory built" replacement HV transformer for the 576 as well. Just throwing that out there, as this subject has already been thoroughly discussed in another thread.