Re: 465B fan question

Robert Simpson

Received and installed a new Thermister and 15Ohm resistor. The fan does start up better but there is still a problem. Watching it carefully, I see that the fan shaft has about 1/32 inch forward and back movement. When the shaft is in (relative to the front of the scope), it starts fine. But when is is out (toward the back of the scope), it doesn't start, although will continue to spin if I manually start it. Maybe a warn thrust washer or weak magnet. I don't see how to get at the thrust washed due to all the wring in the inside (front of scope ) part of the fan housing. Any thoughts?
Bob