Re: 2465A channel 2 problems

Chuck Harris wrote:
"Two quick ways to kill the attenuators are to give
them a spray with contact cleaner, or to wash them with
water.  The manual warns you not to do either."
I stand corrected and educated.  Thanks, Chuck, I missed that in the manual.

GerryR wrote:

Chuck,
        Are you saying that the scope CH 1 & 2 inputs will be in 50 ohm mode for all
the Cal procedures?  I did check the inputs in normal mode when switched to 50 ohms,
and they are both OK, right at 50 ohms..  I haven't checked their state when in the
different Cal procedures; I'll be back at it a little later.

        Also, I don't hear CH 2 relays clicking when going from the 500 mV to the 1 V
scale; OK from 50 mV to 100 mV.  The inputs stay at 1 M throughout the ranges for
both CH 1 and CH 2, but I expect that particular relay isn't being activated for CH
2, so it is stuck in the 500 mV range and showing a "good" 1 M input.

        I'll have to look at the schematic and see if I can jumper the proper relay to
activate the 1 V scale change.  They are OC Darlington's, so that may tell me whether
it is the attenuator module relays or if the software or the drivers are the
problem.  Any other suggestions are welcome!
Thanks.

Gerry