Re: 2465A channel 2 problems

Siggi

To diagnose the attenuator relays you can simply measure the DC resistance
while you run up and down the scale. It should be 1MOhm within fairly close
tolerance throughout. If you have bad contacts you'll see non-trivial
deviations from that.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 12:18 PM machineguy59 via Groups.Io <machineguy59=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

You should be able to hear the relays switch as you change scales. That
will indicate the logic is operating. It is more likely the attenuator is
dirty and the fingers don't make good contact on the ceramic substrate.
Cleaning is a delicate process to not break the ceramic or bend the contact
fingers. Sometimes you can clear the problem by spraying a contact cleaner
into the attenuator. But the best, long term solution is to open the
attenuator and clean it, OR replace the attenuator. Both are involved
processes.
On Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 06:58:23 PM CDT, GerryR <
totalautomation1@...> wrote:

That's the problem, in the normal mode, the 1, 2 and 5 volt ranges are
all
off, for example, a 1V signal on the 1V per division scale, displays as if
on the 100 mV scale, etc., so I am assuming the attenuator is not
switching
for those ranges, but don't know if the relays in the attenuator, or the
logic telling which tells them to switch that is bad. The digital readout
shows 1V on the 1V scale but the display of the wave is as if it is on the
100 mV scale.
Is there a list of digital words for the different scales or a way to tell
if the logic is bad?

GerryR