Re: In search of Impeller Fan Fastener For Tek 2465 - Part # 243104001

Phil Wong

Looking at it from another perspective: Are there currently available fans that would fit right into the drive shaft of the Siemens motor?

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of EricJ via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 12:41 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] In search of Impeller Fan Fastener For Tek 2465 - Part # 243104001

Chuck, the 6-32 thread won't be any stronger in brass than in aluminum - in fact most likely weaker. Two benefits to brass as I see it are easier machining and less likely to corrode and seize the thread - the likely culprit if aluminum ones are breaking. What material are they screwed into?

--Eric

On Oct 9, 2019 10:25 AM, Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

Tom Jobe's were made of brass.

The collet is made from billet (eg solid rod). If you use aluminum,
you are going to have trouble threading the
6-32 section without breaking it. And, some future user is likely to
twist it off, or break the screw slot, when they guess wrongly that
the screw is turned to remove the fan.

I would use brass or steel.

-Chuck Harris

EricJ via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Chuck,

Found it. Slight discrepancy though - you mentioned these were made
of
brass and the print says 6061 (aluminum). Which is preferable for these?

--Eric

On Oct 9, 2019 9:15 AM, Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

Hi Eric,

There is already a blue print for the collets in the files section
of this group. I have a copy if you can't find it.