Re: In search of Impeller Fan Fastener For Tek 2465 - Part # 243104001

Paul Amaranth

The print in the files section shows 8-32, is that a mistake?

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 11:40:40AM -0500, EricJ via Groups.Io wrote:
Chuck, the 6-32 thread won't be any stronger in brass than in aluminum - in fact most likely weaker. Two benefits to brass as I see it are easier machining and less likely to corrode and seize the thread - the likely culprit if aluminum ones are breaking. What material are they screwed into?

--Eric

On Oct 9, 2019 10:25 AM, Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

Tom Jobe's were made of brass.

The collet is made from billet (eg solid rod).  If you
use aluminum, you are going to have trouble threading the
6-32 section without breaking it.  And, some future user
is likely to twist it off, or break the screw slot, when
they guess wrongly that the screw is turned to remove the
fan.

I would use brass or steel.

-Chuck Harris

EricJ via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Chuck,

Found it. Slight discrepancy though - you mentioned these were made of
brass and the print says 6061 (aluminum). Which is preferable for these?

--Eric

On Oct 9, 2019 9:15 AM, Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

Hi Eric,

There is already a blue print for the collets
in the files section of this group.  I have a
copy if you can't find it.

!DSPAM:5d9e469095791713744598!
paul@... | Unix & Windows