Re: Passive Scope Probe Tip Assembly Replacement

Lawrance A. Schneider

Hi,

If you have a few, I’d like one as well. Clearly JGK takes precedence over me.

Thanks, larry'

On Oct 6, 2019, at 1:01 AM, Stephen Hanselman <kc4sw.io@...> wrote:

Let me check stock on Monday, I have a crate of spare parts including several p/n’s of probe tips

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman
Datagate Systems, LLC
On Oct 5, 2019, at 14:46, jgkolek@... wrote:

Is anyone out there knowledgeable about probe tip assemblies?

I have a Tektronix P6137 which uses probe tip assembly 206-0378-00 (10X; 11.8 pF; 9M ohm). I am looking for an affordable tip replacement but haven't found any. I am considering using Caltest CT3667 (equivalent to 206-0441-00) as a substitute. Specs for CT3667/206-0441-00 are:10X; 8 pF; 9M ohm. I am assuming both tips have the same dimensions (both are 3.5 mm probe tips, and pictures I've seen online for both appear virtually identical other than the color of the tip end).

What kind of trouble will I have if I pursue this substitution? I am hoping I can simply screw in a CT3667 and adjust compensation for this substitution.

Regards,
JGK