Re: Icom IC 720A

tekscopegroup@...

Best to first make sure if its actually the display controller chip is where the problem is located before looking at exotic solutions. IMO a one time design, development, debugging and building of an equivalent circuit would be a bit over optimistic of being realistically worth the effort and cost. Maybe if you are the owner of the radio and have enough uC knowledge, and the time and inclination to take that route. I like and appreciate older radios, vintage as they are called now a days by ebay sellers to try and make a killing, but we are not exactly here talking about a one of a kind high value very rare radio either, and worth putting a lot of time and resources into it. Then there is always the chance of a parts donor radio out there.