Re: CORRECTION: Tom Jobe Drag Racing Legend; WAS [TekScopes] Tom Job

Glydeck

Dennis,

Thanks for the correction and update.

George

On Sep 30, 2019, at 6:20 PM, Dennis Tillman W7PF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF> wrote:

George Lydecker misspelled Tom Jobe's name in his original post.

Tom Jobe was a 15+ year member of, and regular contributor to, TekScopes.
He was legendary in drag racing. You can read more about him at this address:
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/farewell-drag-racing-legend-tom-jobe-1940-2019/

More from George:
Tom Jobe was indeed a valued member of, and a regular contributor to, TekScopes for the past 15 years. Tom came from an automotive career at Honda and electronics was a secondary passion. He became involved with our group through his interest in using and understanding oscilloscopes in the context repairing electronics systems in cars.

I’ll have to ask Trevor, Tom’s friend and now mine, about what he knows of this early history. In any aspect, Tom was a good and kind person whose company I enjoyed and will miss greatly.

Dennis Tillman W7PF