Re: Tektronix 561B - is it a decent collectors item?

David Holland

*If* it all works, its probably worthwhile. (IMO). The 560 series is
perfectly usable for what it is. I don't believe the series suffers
from the same HV transformer problem Roy mentioned, I thought that
problem was limited to the 540's...

The caveats, the 3B3 and 3T7 both use tunnel diodes, and the 3S7 uses
sampling diodes (unsurprisingly). I suspect they'd all be difficult
to source if things aren't working...

If you're satisfied with 10Mhz, its usable.... Mine works, and
they're simple enough to be still repairable...

<Shrug, IMO, YMMV, etc>

David

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 10:27 PM <bradytmm@...> wrote:

Scope appears very clean, with 3A6 amplifier and 3B3 time base. Also includes a crusty looking Scope-Mobile 201-1 with drawer. The intriguing bit is the 3S7 sampler and 3T7 TDR sweep plug-ins (also looking somewhat crusty) sitting in the cart slots.
The scope belonged to a retired tech and appears to have been well cared for. The cart and TDR plug-ins not so much. Seller is asking $165 for the lot. Does this sound like a potential winner, or run away fast?
Thanks,
Tony