Re: Sanity check- is the TM500 interface spacing .150" or .156"?

Chuck Harris

It is also the "inch" of virtually all metric lead screw
lathes that are labeled to be "inch" lathes. A side effect
of trying to make an American design inch lathe out of a
metric parts. It never goes well.

-Chuck Harris

Leo Bodnar wrote:

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 03:56 AM, Harvey White wrote:
I've seen 0.1, 0.125, and 0.156 in terms of fingers on various
equipment. Other then flat flex cable, I've not seen much other than
that. Don't ever remember seeing 0.150, though.
Molex has 0.098" pitch card edge series https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Molex/45845-0001?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtWxQ3D3EXBN%252B2s0vbr79RE1DLvj98Pzno%3D

Russian DIP ICs have 2.50mm pitch instead of 2.54mm.
This makes it 0.098".

This was not much of a problem on DIP-8 or DIP-14 ICs but made interchanging larger chips like i8080 with Russian knock-offs an act of utter desperation.
I call 25.0mm a "Russian inch"

Leo