Re: 1502/1503 Charging Discrepancy

Kevin Oconnor

Pretty much everything I have ever seen regarding delta-V bump charging from cell manufacturers or charger makers talk in terms of single cell behavior. It may be easy to design fast delta-V chargers for loose consumer cells used in products with removable batteries, but once you string a dozen in a row it becomes difficult to detect the bump unless every cell is very well matched.
Most of the string chargers I have looked at for things like pagers, HT radios etc seem to use a combination of total voltage detection and timers. Still the packs degrade over time and die.