Re: 1502/1503 Charging Discrepancy

Kevin Oconnor

I’m not to sure how many series cells are in these.
But I’ve never seen a balance charger for NiCD or NiMH as is available for Li chemistry. Some form of trickle charging is required to fully charge every series cell so that they can discharge uniformly. But inevitably one or more cells will loose capacity relative to the others and will reverse polarity during use. At that point many devices will sense the early loss in total voltage and report a bad battery pack. If not, the pack will continue to find the weakest cell and kill it. Either way it’s time to get a new pack.

Kjo