Re: 1A5 with FET input

Albert Otten

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 05:22 PM, bobkrassa wrote:

I have a late model 1A5 sn B092783 that I am planning to use for the first
time, and wonder if it has FETs. It has the nuvistor sockets but no
nuvistors. Perhaps the long ago seller kept them. But the factory
calibration changed with sn 90,000, hence my question. Before i get out the
magnifying glass I thought I would ask-

Can anyone provide a copy of the input schematic for the FET version and/or a
picture of the main board for that? Or even post a late sn manual to Tekwiki?

Thanks and 73s

Bob Krassa ACØJL
Bob,

Those schematics are in tek-1a5.pdf and it seems that the 1a5 always had the fet input. There are 2 7586 nuvistors in the output stage, V164/264.

Albert