Re: P6042 -- bad line cord

Bob Albert

Teardown: The Tektronix P6042 current probe is a classic

| | |

| |
Teardown: The Tektronix P6042 current probe is a classic

Paul Rako

The Tektronix P6042 current probe, introduced in 1969, allows you to understand and troubleshoot reactive circui...

On Saturday, September 21, 2019, 08:49:45 PM PDT, sdturne@q.com <sdturne@q.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Among other things I bought at hamfest, I got a P6042 current probe that won't power on. I believe all that may be wrong with it is a bad line cord, as there's no continuity between chassis and earth. Also, the hot conductor is only putting out about 30Vrms.

Is there a recommended way to replace it with a better cord? It seems super tiny gauge anyway.

Thanks,

Sean