Re: Will super glue work?

Paul Amaranth

I use the 5 minute version a lot and I would expect it to work fine
for this. For higher strength use the 24 hour cure. Just remember
that epoxy in general has poor shear strength.

JB Weld was originally developed to glue cracks in engine blocks;
it's good for 600F and has about the same COE as cast iron. There are
better epoxies for electronics but JB is cheap and available
everywhere.

Paul

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 02:07:13PM -0700, Ken Eckert wrote:
There is a two part epoxy here called JB Weld, it is reasonably good at
that stuff

On Thursday, September 19, 2019, DW <wilson2115@...> wrote:

On the back of the 577 there is a metal cover that holds the regulator
board in place. There are about 6 metal fasteners that are secured to the
cover which you screw the regulator board onto in place. Anyways several of
them have come loose, they appeared to be pressed on but no longer holding
in place. I have used super glue before but perhaps there is a better way?
Thanks

!DSPAM:5d83ee0f199821546041415!
paul@... | Unix & Windows