Re: Morning fun - working scope with no tubes?

Keith Erickson

At least you know where an in town parts depot is! LOL

Keitj

On Sep 19, 2019, at 9:59 AM, Jamie Ostrowski <jamie.ostrowski@...> wrote:

Yes, that is a good point, Chuck. I guess I am being a bit unfair and
selfish. Unfortunately right now I'm in a situation where I have to be
pretty frugal and it's frustrating but that's nobody else's problem but
mine.

I guess it wouldn't be such a bad thing to buy a unit that has had just the
audio tubes removed and to buy a replacement set. I suppose the unit would
have to be calibrated again.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 6:39 AM Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

Then how can we get upset when a tube harvester
does what comes natural?

The price is related to demand and availability.
Each unit that is tube harvested, reduces the
availability.

The only part of the equation that is currently
stalled is the "increases the price" part. Thus
far, we treasure these scopes, but we value them
like they are trash.

We want them, but are too cheap to pay for them. We
just complain, but don't increase the prices we are
willing to pay.

-Chuck Harris

Jamie Ostrowski wrote:
And lastly, before I go close out my day and drown in a sea of random
youtube videos for the evening, as cool as they are, they are just
oscilloscopes, and there's just a lot of other cool vintage gear out
there
to attract buyers. When they start hitting $500, people say "well, that's
really cool but...look at all the other cool vintage gear I could get for
that."... So...that has a big impact as well. Ultimately, you can really
increase the price, but people are going to look for other things to
restore.