Re: Morning fun - working scope with no tubes?

Jamie Ostrowski

Perhaps, but that solution is probably much easier to accept by folks who
have a couple hundred in their basement as compared to others just
beginning to collect.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 10:27 PM Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

The easiest way is to pay real money, and to charge real money
for them.

Anything short of that is giving them to the tube harvesters.

-Chuck Harris

Jamie Ostrowski wrote:
I wish there was a way to find a way to keep the classic scopes out of
the
hands of the tube harvesters. I know when it comes to sell any of my
classic equipment, I'd offer it up here on the Tekscopes list first long
before I would ever list it on e-pay, just because I know that people
here
are enthusiastic about the classic scopes.

I have given some consideration to putting up some kind of free site on
my
server just for collectors to advertise their scopes/plugins, but not
sure
how to keep the site from becoming a target for harvesters. Maybe I could
do something like manually approve accounts to the site for people who
have
demonstrated a sincere enthusiasm for the classics in one form or another
in the past via tekscopes mail archives or something like that. Not sure.

It wouldn't have to be a big/complicated site, nor generate a lot of
traffic. Just more for a circle of collectors to trade gear.

Ebay has become mostly ridiculous, in my opinion.