Re: Morning fun - working scope with no tubes?

Chuck Harris

The easiest way is to pay real money, and to charge real money
for them.

Anything short of that is giving them to the tube harvesters.

-Chuck Harris

Jamie Ostrowski wrote:

I wish there was a way to find a way to keep the classic scopes out of the
hands of the tube harvesters. I know when it comes to sell any of my
classic equipment, I'd offer it up here on the Tekscopes list first long
before I would ever list it on e-pay, just because I know that people here
are enthusiastic about the classic scopes.

I have given some consideration to putting up some kind of free site on my
server just for collectors to advertise their scopes/plugins, but not sure
how to keep the site from becoming a target for harvesters. Maybe I could
do something like manually approve accounts to the site for people who have
demonstrated a sincere enthusiasm for the classics in one form or another
in the past via tekscopes mail archives or something like that. Not sure.

It wouldn't have to be a big/complicated site, nor generate a lot of
traffic. Just more for a circle of collectors to trade gear.

Ebay has become mostly ridiculous, in my opinion.