Re: Morning fun - working scope with no tubes?

Jamie Ostrowski

I wish there was a way to find a way to keep the classic scopes out of the
hands of the tube harvesters. I know when it comes to sell any of my
classic equipment, I'd offer it up here on the Tekscopes list first long
before I would ever list it on e-pay, just because I know that people here
are enthusiastic about the classic scopes.

I have given some consideration to putting up some kind of free site on my
server just for collectors to advertise their scopes/plugins, but not sure
how to keep the site from becoming a target for harvesters. Maybe I could
do something like manually approve accounts to the site for people who have
demonstrated a sincere enthusiasm for the classics in one form or another
in the past via tekscopes mail archives or something like that. Not sure.

It wouldn't have to be a big/complicated site, nor generate a lot of
traffic. Just more for a circle of collectors to trade gear.

Ebay has become mostly ridiculous, in my opinion.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 8:47 AM Dave Voorhis <voorhis@...> wrote:

On 18 Sep 2019, at 13:54, Jamie Ostrowski <jamie.ostrowski@...>
wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264469242144?ul_noapp=true

Tektronix Type 533 Oscilloscope TESTED . Condition is Used. The unit
does work and is in great shape. (No tubes in the scope) If interested in
the scope itself we can work something out. You are buying this with no
tubes. The unit works with tubes.

And it's only $400.
Sad that it’s sold sans tubes, but better that way than what some of the
audiophools do: pull the 6DJ8 tubes to sell them and discard the rest. :-(