Transistor solder dwell time

DW

I have reinstalled Q384 and Q386 transistors onto the main board of the 577 but upon soldering them back in they became fairly hot to the touch which had me concerned as I know heat is the enemy of electronics. When I removed them a fair amount of heat was involved due to the length of the leads being used on the pads, the soldering tool helped here and it appears these transistors survived the somewhat difficult removal after checking with a multimeter.

So my concern here is dwell time installing and removing transistors, especially the difficult ones which might require multiple attempts to desolder the leads and pull it out, I wonder if they make a 3 iron soldering gun in this case so all 3 leads can get heated and it can quickly be removed?

Thanks