Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer HV Transformer winding

Mlynch001

John,

I will try this again at a higher temp. You are very certainly right about this. I have not done any “practice” since I don’t have anything to practice on. I guess this is my “practice” piece? I’m going to cut the rest of the coil off and then go from there. I appreciate Chuck’s offer, but I really feel the need to try to do this on my own. I may break the core, I may be successful or, in the end, I may give up and send it to Chuck. If I break these ferrite cores, I may come crying to Chuck or others for a replacement set. I appreciate your advice and insight. One way or the other, I will get this thing fixed. It is a shame that one stupid part has disabled an otherwise functioning instrument. Before it “cuts off”, it works beautifully.

Sincerely

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR