Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer HV Transformer winding

ykochcal

I have split a number of transformers, A few thoughts

1, You should take Chuck up on the offer

2, But how are you getting the number 260F? oven dials can be way off and
the temp inside an oven can very considerably depending where you measure

I found the epoxy strength has a fairly quick transition, so its possible
that it's not hot enough.

Also a transformer cools very quickly and gets strong again so I would have
gloves, open oven, grab and give a quick twist, if it did not split, back in
and add a few more degrees.

I would call the move a shearing twist.

I too was a bit hesitant then practiced on some old power supply and TV
cores to get the hang of it, although clearly different epoxies are used
that break at different temps.

John