Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer HV Transformer winding

Michael W. Lynch

Chuck,

Leave it to me to have the “odd ball” of the group. I have seen many others that look the same or very similar. I may take you up on your offer and contact you off list for an address.

Sincerely,

Michael Lynch

From My I-Phone

mlynch003@...

479-477-1115

On Sep 15, 2019, at 9:08 AM, Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

Michael,

The cores are universal among tekscopes.

I have never had one stick like you are describing. Epoxy
just isn't that good.

Send it to me, and I will remove it. If, in my zeal I should
happen to break it, I will send you another core.

I have two examples of the 576 EHT right on my desk, one black,
and one brown. Both were removed in the way I described.

-Chuck Harris

Mlynch001 wrote:
Chuck,

I have been reading all these posts about these transformers. Mine is definitely bad and I need to attempt to rewind. People are all saying "no problem, just heat them up and pull them apart". Well this is not working for me. The bobbin and windings are loose on the core, they are not the problem. The problem is that the core halves on my 576 HV Transformer are stuck tight and I mean TIGHT! I have heated for an hour @ 260F, hot enough that the epoxy just peeled off the windings, but those 2 halves of the core are not budging. It is like they are welded or silver soldered. I can see the split between the two halves of the core, but I'll be darned if they will come apart. I have put some small chips in the cores, so I stopped trying for now. The winding part does not scare me, but breaking the only cores that I have scares the crap out of me. Any Ideas?

BTW, I would GLADLY pay $200 for another new transformer or a custom rewind of the old one.

Thanks!