Re: From 2014: Tektronix Announces Winner of Europe’s Oldest Working Oscilloscope Contest

Dave Seiter

Did the contest apply to only Tek scopes?  Sadly, my 511A and 514AD don't work (The HV assemblies (I think) on both are dead- both had puddles of melted stuff around the assembly just above the main chassis-if my memory is correct).   I cleaned them up, but never went further. I was waiting until I knew more before attempting anything.
I think my DeForrest Training scope is the oldest I have that works.  The father of some good friends built it as a young man in the midwest many years ago.
-Dave