Re: 7A18 option1?

Dave Daniel

According to the 1971 Tektronix catalog, Option 1 removes readout capability. The option listing in the catalog cites the 070-1126-00 manual. I have the -01 manual which is for the 7A18 and 7A18N. I'm guessing, as someone else previously posted, that Option 1 pre-dated and was replaced by the N version.

DaveD

On 9/12/2019 11:53 AM, Ed Breya via Groups.Io wrote:
I believe this "option 1" may be to replace the standard trace position pot with an offset function, kind of like in the 7A13, but only over a limited range. I vaguely recall that I have one of these, but didn't know it was different until I started using it - the trace positioning acted differently, and advantageously for some applications. I haven't seen it in a while, but I think each channel has dual concentric pots, instead of the single pot and "ID" button.

Ed