Re: TN500 Plugin 067-0699-99

Dave Casey

Those look right, assuming you measured the connectors on the plugin and
they jive with the 0S Lemo size. The only other caveat is that Lemo offered
both crimp and solder contacts. I've only ever seen solder, but it's
possible that those cables were assembled with crimp connectors meaning
you'd have a little more trouble moving them over to some RG-174. Of course
there's also no reason you couldn't just use the existing cable for your
probes; it seems up to the task (shielded, low-Z) and is only marginally
bulkier than the commonly used coax.

Dave Casey

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 10:19 PM bobh@... <bobh@...> wrote:

How about these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEMO-S-Series-2-Contact-Connector-Plug-FFA-0S-302-Belden-9452-Cable-16ft-NEW/143193301645?epid=13002506338&hash=item2156fc628d:g:pt8AAOSw1lxcnvV7

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, saving me a climb up the connector
learning curve.

Bob.

On 9/7/2019 4:33 PM, Dave Casey wrote:
You shouldn't need to look too closely. Just measure the OD of the
connector bezel on the front panel. It should be 10mm, making that a 0S
size Lemo jack. The plugs you need to make probes would be part number
FFA-0S-302-xxxxx where the last characters (xxxxx) are all related to
housing material and strain relief options (so pick what you like from
what
is readily available).

Dave Casey

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 2:03 PM bobh@... <bobh@...> wrote:

I think you are right about the connectors being Lemo.?? When I get a
chance I'll open the plugin up again and look for a number on the base
of the connectors.

Bob.

On 9/6/2019 9:29 PM, Dave Casey wrote:
Looks like the ohmeter probes are 2-pin Lemo similar to what Tek used
in
other places with more pins. The connectors can still be bought,
sometimes
at a decent price on eBay, so making up some probes should be pretty
easy.
Dave Casey

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 2:59 PM bobh@... <bobh@...> wrote:

These photos aren't good but give you an idea what it looks like
especially the front panel and connectors.?? I'll get some better pics
later for TekWiki.

Bob.

On 9/5/2019 8:30 PM, Craig Sawyers wrote:
Does anyone have any information on a Tektronix TM500 plugin
067-0699-99?
I think that Tek parts designators that ended in -99 were in-house
calibration units. So it is likely
you will find it difficult to find a manual, or even the
specification.

But the point has already been made - take a good series of front
panel,
and internal shots with the
covers off and post them to Tekwiki.

Craig