Re: 11801C and the T1331 error: lost factory TB calibration data.

Leo Bodnar

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 12:48 AM, Reginald Beardsley wrote:
All I need now is an SD-32 at a sensible price.
What are you going to use it for?
I have two SD-30 that I use interchangeably that I have bought broken and fixed: one had blown termination resistors, another - faulty trigger pick-off hardline.
I don't trust *any* SD heads, even sold as guaranteed working. My approach with them: if it works - it's a bonus.
SD series had really bad manufacturing quality track record. From delaminating PCB gold plating to cracked solder to tin whiskers to missing bond wires to dying EEPROMs.
I reckon S-series will still be alive and kicking while SD-series will perish in time.
Cheers
Leo